Friday, April 20, 2007

Quarter Life Crisis


Does this image make you feel a little old? Being a summer birthday I was the youngest in my grade. At all of my places of employment I have been the youngest (usually by a pretty good length of time too). Being the youngest isn't really the case anymore. Now that I have reached the ripe old age of 22 I am no longer the youngest one at the family reunion; I can't fit into this anymore. Sometimes my back hurts for no reason, and my body has lost that "made out of rubber" durability that used to keep me out in the backyard for hours.

Anyways Seeing this image brought be back to being how many ever single digit years old when a little video game called Mortal Kombat came out. Seeing the aforementioned image I realized how long it had been since I had played that game and how few of the original characters I could even recognize or name. There has been so many pieces of pop culture from our past that have somehow managed to survive and serve as a reminder that we have been around for almost a quarter of a century. They have gone through some major changes but heres a small list.

which one was gay?
it was the pot that made them love pizza
i don't care what side they are on, do they run on alternative fuel is the real question
he was rocking the Mohawk before Sanjaya
i like the chocolate fudge
those toys were never really that fun when you think about it
the 50 wasn't the biggest, but i think it was the best
maybe they should use this to recruit for the war in Iraq


No comments: